Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Preparing for the future

My apologies for the delay in posting this blog!! I must admit that it had been quite a busy week of writing and editing, so the task of writing another document in the afternoon on Friday just wasn't going to happen. Anyways here is an interesting thought I heard last night about education:
"Education is not about obscure facts and little test scores, education is about the overall effect of years of slow absorption of concepts, philosophies approaches to problem solving the whole process so grand and so encompassing."

The idea that the seemingly monumental amount of time that we spend in school (for many university students over 17 years of schooling before beginning a career) has a deep and grand purpose encourages and inspires me!

This last week was encouraging and fun, I spent a lot of my time up in Bellingham interacting with students and building the community. I prepared numerous documents that will enable me to succeed in future meetings with incumbent leaders around the city and state. These documents included the expectations of community core team members and community hosts, the 2009-2010 annual report, and a brochure explaining more of who we are and what we are striving to accomplish. My hope is that these documents will enable me in the coming months to effectively encourage incumbent leaders, that are nearing their sunset years, that their input and engagement with younger generations is vital to the success of future generations.

As I continue forward, pray that the Holy Spirit would move in the community that I live and work in, that leaders would rise to the calling that God puts on their hearts, and that a community would be transformed. There is a great work happening in the Bellingham community and a great shift is occurring. Thank you for your love and encouragement along this arduous journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment